Butuan City – The DENR has reminded all quarry operations including sand and gravel quarrying in the Caraga Region to strictly follow the provisions in their Environmental Compliance Certificates (ECC). “They must follow the law otherwise they may be closed down for the violation” DENR Secretary Regina Lopez said in a recent meeting with the media.
“ECC is a tool for social justice” Sec. Lopez said. “Which means that Filipinos can access and benefit from the natural resources,” she added.
The reminder followed the closing down of several quarrying operation in Saiaya, Quezon for violating environmental laws.
According to DENR Undersecretary Art Valdez who led a special task force composed of the police, military, coast guard, and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), there were actually 27 firms holding quarrying permits in Sariaya which were found to have violated their ECC. The task force also arrested 15 people and impounded nine dump trucks and two backhoes.
DENR Regional Officials said this wake-up call would serve as a warning to operators of quarrying in the region to toe the line and follow what is specified in the ECC to avoid being closed down.
According to Secretary Lopez, the DENR will review and evaluate some 800 other ECCs in the country and identify which of these have public impact so that the DENR can act accordingly. (DENR SCIS 13)
- DENR nagmando sa pagtak-op sa Payatas
- IPs thank President DU30 and Sec. Lopez for the NGP
- IP leaders want to join NGP
- DENR eyes mining companies support in bamboo and mangrove seedling production in Surigao del Sur and Dinagat
- AREA DEVELOPMENT, SUBSIDIARITY AND FEDERALISM
- DENR Caraga GAD Focal Persons participated the Culmination Program for the 18-day Campaign to end VAW
- DENR sees improved lives of Cantilan people over new project
- DENR RD Tamayo commends PNP Regional Chief for support in the anti-illegal logging drive
- RD Tamayo seeks P1.1B budget for DENR-13 in Congress
- DENR-13 trains 41 Lumads as deputy forest rangers
- DENR Exec urges personnel to prioritize issuance of Patents
- Improving environment is key to achieving social justice –Sec. Lopez
- DENR Retirees undergo counseling
- DENR tells quarry operators to just follow the ECC regulations
- DENR 13 employees welcome newly-created Action Center to complement Peoples’ Day
Mga Bag-ong Balita
- Agila ginganlan ug Sakura
- DENR – pag-isyu sa emission permit para sa mga bag-ong sakyanan anaa na online
- DENR GIDASIG ANG MGA NEGOSYANTE ARON MAMUHUNAN SA KEY BIODIVERSITY AREAS
- DENR nag-implementa sa pagkunserbar sa threatened species sa nasud
- DENR gipakusgan ang paggamit sa hinlo nga krudo sa mga sakyanan