By Herzon F. Gallego
BUTUAN CITY, November 23, 2016 --DENR-13 Regional Director Nonito M. Tamayo has commended the Philippine National Police under Regional Director Chief Supt. Rolando B. Felix for its support to the DENR in the anti-illegal logging campaign in the region.
“The PNP is doing a great job in the anti-illegal logging campaign particularly in this Yuletide season when timber poaching activities is noted in the past to be active in cutting trees illegally in areas declared as no cutting and harvesting zone” Director Tamayo said.
The PNP personnel recently arrested six persons involved in the illegal transport activity of lumber products locally known as “mangkono” or “iron wood” and lauan in two separate incidents in Agusan del Sur and Agusan del Norte.
In the first incident, the PNP personnel based in Prosperidad Police Station in Agusan del Sur have arrested persons and impounded their vehicle for trying to transport about 1,341 pieces of “iron wood” at the Maharlika Highway at Poblacion Prosperidad heading to Butuan City.
One of the two persons arrested was identified as Jay Alabaran, 44. The undocumented mangkono lumber must have come from Surigao del Sur. The police also impounded the Mitsubishi Canter truck used in transporting the illegal forest products.
In another incident, the police arrested three persons in Barangay 5, Buenavista, Agusan del Norte for transporting 114 pieces of lauan lumber on the motorcycle. The police personnel were conducting a regular check of vehicles at the highway when they stopped the “habal-habal” motorcycle carrying undocumented forest products upon reaching the PNP Checkpoint.
The three persons arrested were identified as Jimmy Sernal, Danilo Cellero, and Marcial Toda who are now facing charges for violation of PD 705 otherwise known as the Revised Forestry Code of the Philippines.
Director Tamayo said the PNP has been providing a great help to the DENR in its campaign to arrest the people engaged in timber poaching and smuggling. Hopefully, he said, with the deployment of the newly hired and trained DENR forest rangers in the various specific target of monitoring activity, timber poaching would be minimized.
- DENR nagmando sa pagtak-op sa Payatas
- IPs thank President DU30 and Sec. Lopez for the NGP
- IP leaders want to join NGP
- DENR eyes mining companies support in bamboo and mangrove seedling production in Surigao del Sur and Dinagat
- AREA DEVELOPMENT, SUBSIDIARITY AND FEDERALISM
- DENR Caraga GAD Focal Persons participated the Culmination Program for the 18-day Campaign to end VAW
- DENR sees improved lives of Cantilan people over new project
- DENR RD Tamayo commends PNP Regional Chief for support in the anti-illegal logging drive
- RD Tamayo seeks P1.1B budget for DENR-13 in Congress
- DENR-13 trains 41 Lumads as deputy forest rangers
- DENR Exec urges personnel to prioritize issuance of Patents
- Improving environment is key to achieving social justice –Sec. Lopez
- DENR Retirees undergo counseling
- DENR tells quarry operators to just follow the ECC regulations
- DENR 13 employees welcome newly-created Action Center to complement Peoples’ Day
Mga Bag-ong Balita
- Agila ginganlan ug Sakura
- DENR – pag-isyu sa emission permit para sa mga bag-ong sakyanan anaa na online
- DENR GIDASIG ANG MGA NEGOSYANTE ARON MAMUHUNAN SA KEY BIODIVERSITY AREAS
- DENR nag-implementa sa pagkunserbar sa threatened species sa nasud
- DENR gipakusgan ang paggamit sa hinlo nga krudo sa mga sakyanan