By: Herzon F. Gallego
BUTUAN CITY—The leaders of the Manobo community in Carrasscal, Surigao del Sur have asked the DENR 13 Regional Director Nonito M. Tamayo to give them the opportunity to develop their pooled agricultural lands of 877 hectares into a productive land through the National Greening Program (NGP) which is a major livelihood component of the Sustainable Integrated Area Development (SIAD) being pushed by DENR Secretary Regina Paz Lopez.
Led by Datu Anilao P. Dawag and Alito Meinano, the tribal leaders visited the office of Director Tamayo in Barangay Ambago to present their proposed program and affirm likewise their support and commitment to the DENR. The other members of the group are Teodoro A. Bat-ao, Jaime Bat-ao, Ricardo Kizan, Datu Wendelino Agiang, and Oscar A. Tagino.
“It would be a great help for our community to enjoy the benefits of the SIAD program of the DENR”, Datu Dawag said. “We have heard the program is good and would surely change the status of living of the people” he said.
Director Tamayo said the DENR has target site development of 5,800 hectares for Surigao del Sur and the proposal of the tribal leaders would be accommodated properly in the rehabilitation of the forest lands in that area. “The DENR is putting its trust in the leaders of the tribal community in the area. We want everyone to be united in this program with people living harmoniously in the atmosphere of peace and development” Director Tamayo said.
He said the DENR is promoting the development of mangrove along the coastal seas and riverbanks and at the foot of the mountain slopes with bamboo grass. “The DENR has allocated 5,000 hectares for bamboo grass and 2,000 hectares for mangrove” he said.
He assured the tribal leaders that the DENR is working an agreement with the various mining firms in the region to provide funds for the seedling production of mangrove and bamboos.
- DENR nagmando sa pagtak-op sa Payatas
- IPs thank President DU30 and Sec. Lopez for the NGP
- IP leaders want to join NGP
- DENR eyes mining companies support in bamboo and mangrove seedling production in Surigao del Sur and Dinagat
- AREA DEVELOPMENT, SUBSIDIARITY AND FEDERALISM
- DENR Caraga GAD Focal Persons participated the Culmination Program for the 18-day Campaign to end VAW
- DENR sees improved lives of Cantilan people over new project
- DENR RD Tamayo commends PNP Regional Chief for support in the anti-illegal logging drive
- RD Tamayo seeks P1.1B budget for DENR-13 in Congress
- DENR-13 trains 41 Lumads as deputy forest rangers
- DENR Exec urges personnel to prioritize issuance of Patents
- Improving environment is key to achieving social justice –Sec. Lopez
- DENR Retirees undergo counseling
- DENR tells quarry operators to just follow the ECC regulations
- DENR 13 employees welcome newly-created Action Center to complement Peoples’ Day
Mga Bag-ong Balita
- Agila ginganlan ug Sakura
- DENR – pag-isyu sa emission permit para sa mga bag-ong sakyanan anaa na online
- DENR GIDASIG ANG MGA NEGOSYANTE ARON MAMUHUNAN SA KEY BIODIVERSITY AREAS
- DENR nag-implementa sa pagkunserbar sa threatened species sa nasud
- DENR gipakusgan ang paggamit sa hinlo nga krudo sa mga sakyanan