By: Herzon F. Gallego
BUTUAN CITY, November 11, 2016 -- The Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Region 13 has recently trained 41 Lumads as deputy forest rangers to help in the anti-illegal logging campaign.
These Lumads belong to the groups of the Wawa Tribal Sectoral Council and the Sibagat Tribal Sector. They were recommended by their respective chief to be trained by the DENR Resource persons with technical expertise in different disciplines.
The candidates for deputy forest rangers have been taught about forestry regulations specifically the forestry code under PD 705, the Wildlife Act, the National Greening Program, the Solid Waste Management, and other rules and regulations being imposed by the DENR. They also learned about procedures in proper filing of appropriate charges against a person who was caught transporting illegal forest products and those flowers and birds species that are considered critically endangered species.
They were also trained in foot patrol, monitoring, and protection of forest enhancement to capacitate them as Deputized Forest Officers.
According to Regional Director Nonito M. Tamayo, the deputized Lumads have been sent immediately to their respective assignments to complement the PNP, the Philippine Army, and the DENR Forest Rangers in the campaign against illegal trade of wildlife and illegal logging.
- DENR nagmando sa pagtak-op sa Payatas
- IPs thank President DU30 and Sec. Lopez for the NGP
- IP leaders want to join NGP
- DENR eyes mining companies support in bamboo and mangrove seedling production in Surigao del Sur and Dinagat
- AREA DEVELOPMENT, SUBSIDIARITY AND FEDERALISM
- DENR Caraga GAD Focal Persons participated the Culmination Program for the 18-day Campaign to end VAW
- DENR sees improved lives of Cantilan people over new project
- DENR RD Tamayo commends PNP Regional Chief for support in the anti-illegal logging drive
- RD Tamayo seeks P1.1B budget for DENR-13 in Congress
- DENR-13 trains 41 Lumads as deputy forest rangers
- DENR Exec urges personnel to prioritize issuance of Patents
- Improving environment is key to achieving social justice –Sec. Lopez
- DENR Retirees undergo counseling
- DENR tells quarry operators to just follow the ECC regulations
- DENR 13 employees welcome newly-created Action Center to complement Peoples’ Day
Mga Bag-ong Balita
- Agila ginganlan ug Sakura
- DENR – pag-isyu sa emission permit para sa mga bag-ong sakyanan anaa na online
- DENR GIDASIG ANG MGA NEGOSYANTE ARON MAMUHUNAN SA KEY BIODIVERSITY AREAS
- DENR nag-implementa sa pagkunserbar sa threatened species sa nasud
- DENR gipakusgan ang paggamit sa hinlo nga krudo sa mga sakyanan